Blackpink Biography (Who is Blackpink?)
Blackpink (Korean: 블랙핑크) is a South Korean girl group formed by YG Entertainment, consisting of members Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé, and Lisa. The group debuted in August 2016 with their single album Square One, which featured “Whistle” and “Boombayah”, their first number-one entries on South Korea’s Gaon Digital Chart and the Billboard World Digital Song Sales chart, respectively.
Blackpink has emerged as a prominent act in K-pop and has been described as the “biggest girl group in the world”, “biggest K-pop girl band on the planet”, and “K-pop Queens”.
With the group’s commercial success, they were hailed as the New Artist of the Year Award at the 31st Golden Disc Awards and the 26th Seoul Music Awards, the Mnet Asian Music Award for Best Female Group in 2020, an MTV Music Video Award (first win by a K-pop girl group).
Apart from this, they were recognized as the first female Korean group on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 Asia. They have been recognized by Forbes Korea as one of the most powerful celebrities in South Korea, placing first in 2019, third in 2020, and second in 2021.
|Commonly stylized as||BLACKPINK or BLΛƆKPIИK|
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Debut Album||Square One|
|Debut Song||“Whistle” and “Boombayah”|
|Genres||K-pop, EDM, Hip hop, Trap|
|Associated acts||YG Family|
|Members||Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé, Lisa|
Blackpink debuted on August 8, 2016, also they are the first girl group to debut under YG Entertainment in seven years. They released their debut single album, ‘Square One’, on August 8, 2016, consisting of tracks “Boombayah” and “Whistle”. They charted at number one and two on the Billboard World Digital Song Sales chart, making Blackpink the fastest act to achieve such a feat and the third Korean artist to hold the top two positions simultaneously.
Preparations for Blackpink’s debut began as early as 2011, when YG Entertainment revealed on November 14 that their new girl group would debut in the early half of 2012 and feature at least seven members.
Since then, numerous news and rumours surfaced surrounding the new girl group’s debut being delayed. On July 29, YG Entertainment confirmed that Blackpink’s debut would be on August 8, 2016.
All Blackpink members are joined as trainees in the South Korean entertainment agency YG Entertainment. Jennie was the first group member revealed, on June 1, 2016. She joined YG Entertainment as a trainee in 2010 after moving back to South Korea from New Zealand. Lisa was revealed as the new girl group’s second member on June 8, 2016. She was the only individual among 4,000 applicants to pass the 2010 YG Entertainment audition in her native Thailand and became the label’s first foreign trainee in 2011.
On June 15, Jisoo was revealed to be the new group’s third member. She joined YG Entertainment as a trainee in July 2011. Rosé was the final member to be revealed, on June 22, 2016. She ranked first among 700 applicants in the 2012 YG Entertainment audition in Australia, after which she signed a trainee contract with the label and moved to Seoul to begin training.
After the huge success of the debut single album, “Square One”, they released their second single album, “Square Two”, consisting of tracks “Playing with Fire” and “Stay”, on November 1, 2016. “Playing with Fire” was reach number one on the Billboard World Digital Song Sales chart and the first K-pop girl group song to chart on the Canadian Hot 100. In South Korea, “Playing with Fire” peaked at number three while “Stay” placed in the top ten.
Blackpink’s commercial success in their first five months they break so many records and earned them several rookie awards at major Korean year-end music award shows, including the Asia Artist Awards, Melon Music Awards, Golden Disc Awards, Seoul Music Awards, and Gaon Chart Music Awards. Additionally, Billboard named them one of the best new K-pop groups of 2016.
On June 22, the group released their first standalone digital single, “As If It’s Your Last”. The song debuted at number one on Billboard’s World Digital Song Sales chart one day after release. Also, the music video for the song later went on to break the record for the most-liked music video by a Korean girl group on YouTube as well as the most-viewed K-pop group music video in the first 24 hours of release.
Apart from this, the group made their Japanese debut on August 30, 2017, with the release of a self-titled Japanese extended play that included Japanese versions of their previous singles. On March 28, Blackpink re-released their debut Japanese EP under the name Re:Blackpink. On November 23, 2019, they released their first Japanese studio album, “Blackpink in Your Area.”
Letter on Blackpink released numerous songs, Ddu-Du Ddu-Du, Kill This Love, How You Like That, Lovesick Girls, and so on, and all the songs top on the music chart and break so many records. Also, they collaborate with Lady Gaga on “Sour Candy”, with Dua Lipa on “Kiss and Make Up”, with Selena Gomez on “Ice Cream”
1. Stage Name: Jisoo (지수)
Birth Name: Kim Ji Soo (김지수)
Position: Lead Vocalist, Visual
Birthday: January 3, 1995
Birthplace: Gunpo, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
2. Stage Name: Jennie (제니)
Birth Name: Kim Jennie (김제니)
Position: Main Rapper, Lead Vocalist
Birthday: January 16, 1996
Birthplace: Cheongdam-dong, Seoul, South Korea
3. Stage Name: Rosé (로제)
Birth Name: Park Chae Young (박채영)
Position: Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer
Birthday: February 11, 1997
Birthplace: Auckland, New Zealand
4. Stage Name: Lisa (리사)
Birth Name: Lalisa Manoban (ลลิสา มโนบาล)
Position: Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Sub Vocalist, Maknae
Birthday: March 27, 1997
Birthplace: Buriram, Thailand
- In December 2018, Blackpink donated their prize money from the Elle Style Awards 2018, worth ₩20 million (around US$16,630), to low-income and single-parent households in South Korea.
- In April 2019, Blackpink made a donation of ₩40 million (around US$33,300) to the Hope Bridge Association of the National Disaster Relief for the victims of the Goseong wildfire in South Korea.
- In April 2020, Blackpink released face masks via UMG-affiliated merchandising company Bravado; all proceeds benefited the Recording Academy’s MusiCares initiative, which launched a relief fund in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the music industry.
- In December 2020, the group called for action on climate change and promoted the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26), hoping their fans will “join us on this journey” to “learn about what’s happening, what needs to happen and how we can play our part.”
- On February 25, 2021, Blackpink was formally appointed official advocates for COP26 in Seoul, where they received a personal appreciation letter written by the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Boris Johnson, for their work in the spread of climate change awareness.
Awards and Achievements:
- 3 People’s Choice Awards
- Teen Choice Award,
- MTV Video Music Award
- 9 Gaon Chart Music Awards, six Golden Disc Awards
- 5 Melon Music Awards
- 8 Mnet Asian Music Awards
- 2Seoul Music Awards
- 6Guinness World Records.
Albums and Songs
- The Album
- Blackpink in Your Area
- Square One
- Square Two
- Square Up
- Kill This Love Ep
- Re: BLACKPINK
- How You Like That
- Ddu-Du Ddu-Du
- Main article: Blackpink videography
- Blackpink House (2018, V Live / YouTube / JTBC2)
- YG Future Strategy Office (2018, Netflix)
- Blackpink X Star Road (2018, V Live)
- Blackpink Diaries (2019, V Live / YouTube)
- 24/365 with Blackpink (2020, YouTube)
- Blackpink: Light Up the Sky (2020, Netflix)
- Blackpink: The Movie (2021)
Blackpink Social Accounts:
Who is the leader of BLACKPINK?
BLACKPINK has 4 members and they all are leaders of Blackpink. Jennie (Lead vocalist), Lisa (Main Dancer), Rosé (Main Vocals) Jisoo (Lead vocalist).
Who is the prettiest in BLACKPINK?
As for the visuals, all girls are very beautiful, but BLACKPINK has an official one, and that title goes to Jisoo.
When did Blackpink debut exact date?
Blackpink officially debuted on August 8, 2016, with the single album Square One.
What age did Blackpink debut?
At the time of their debut, each BLACKPINK member was over 18 years old.
When did Blackpink first debut song?
The South Korean girl group Blackpink’s first debut song is “Boombayah” and “Whistle” which was released on August 8, 2016, with the single album Square One.
Who is the richest BLACKPINK member?
Jisoo (Kim Jisoo) Is The Richest Member Of Blackpink.
Who has the most haters in BLACKPINK?
As per different sources, Jennie is considered as the Most Hated Member In Blackpink. Thus Jennie is the Most Hated Member In Blackpink.
- Jisoo (Blackpink) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Boyfriend, Family, Education
- Rose (Blackpink) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Boyfriend, Family, Education
- Jennie Kim (Blackpink) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Boyfriend, Family, Education
- Lisa (Blackpink) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Boyfriend, Family, Education
- Blackpink Latest Photos, Videos, Photoshoot, Album, Wallpaper HD [Download]
- Jennie Kim (Blackpink) Latest Photos, Videos, Photoshoot, Wallpaper HD [Download]
- Lisa (Blackpink) Latest Photos, Videos, Photoshoot, Wallpaper HD [Download]
- Jisoo (Blackpink) Latest Photos, Videos, Photoshoot, Wallpaper HD [Download]
- Rose (Blackpink) Latest Photos, Videos, Photoshoot, Wallpaper HD [Download]