Can Yaman Biography (Who is Can Yaman?)
Can Yaman is a Turkish actor, model, and lawyer who was born in Istanbul, Turkey. Most handsome, dashing, and charming Can has received a Golden Butterfly Award for Best Actor in a Romantic Comedy in 2018 for his role in Erkenci Kuş. Can Yaman win the 7th GQ Men of the Year 2019 award. He also starred in the TV series Gönül Işleri (2014), Hangimiz Sevmedik (2016), Dolunay (2017) and Bay Yanlış (2020).
Apart from this Can Yaman also collaborate and appears on so many brands. Can become the face of Turkish clothing brand TUDORS with a contract spanning for 2 years worth 3 million TL in 2020. Also, In July 2021 Can Yaman has launched his own brand of unisex perfume Can Yaman Mania, and his own brand.
|Date of Birth||8 November 1989 (age 33 years as of November 2022)|
|Birth Place||Istanbul, Turkey|
|Education||Law Department of Yeditepe University (2012)|
|Occupation||Actor, Model, Layer|
Early Life and Education:
Can Yaman was born on 8 November 1989 in Istanbul, Turkey. His paternal grandfather is Kosovo-Albanian. His paternal grandmother is an Albanian immigrant from North Macedonia. He recalls his parents also speaking in Albanian. He is the nephew of football coach Fuat Yaman.
Yaman’s parents divorced when he was five years old so his grandparents were involved hands-on in his upbringing and care due to financial difficulties which his parents experienced.
Yaman studied at Bilfen Kolej for first and middle school, then studied at the Liceo Italiano di Istanbul, where he finished as a top student with the highest grade since the existence of the educational establishment.
In 2012, he graduated from the Law Department of Yeditepe University and began working at PricewaterhouseCoopers, where he met his current law firm partners. By the time he was 24, Yaman was working in mergers and acquisitions and writing articles for the tax section of Dunya newspaper.
As he was finding success in the corporate law sector, he was also realizing that corporate life was not for him. Yaman told Hello! Magazine in 2018, “I felt like having an open view but sitting in an office and wearing a suit bothered me a lot. When they gave me an annual leave, I left without coming back. It was on TV that my colleagues saw me next.” While on summer leave from work, Yaman traveled to Bodrum to visit his grandmother. There he met his eventual and current acting managers, Cuneyt Sayil and Ilker Bilgi.
Can Yaman started his career in Gönül İşleri in 2014. The breakthrough in his career was the most popular Tv series Dolunay which was released in 2017. In 2016, he starred in the series Hangimiz Sevmedik. The media later reported that Yaman was involved in a feud with his co-star Selen Soyder, for which a court case was opened, and Yaman was fined for insulting. From 2018 to 2019, he played the lead role “Can” in the Turkish romantic comedy series Erkenci Kuş (Early Bird) whereby he co-starred with Demet Özdemir.
Erkenci Kuş Tv Series became popular not only in Turkey but all over the world. It has season 1 which has 51 episodes and it has dubbed and subtitles in different languages. He received the Best Foreign Actor Award at the Murex D’or 2019 in Beirut, Lebanon for his role in Erkenci Kuş. He won E! News’s 2019 TV’s Top Leading Man award for the same TV series.
In 2020, Υaman played the lead role Özgür Atasoy in the Turkish short series Bay Yanlış (Mr. Wrong) with his co-star Özge Gürel. The series is produced by Gold Film, directed by Deniz Yorulmazer, with a script by Aslı Zengin and Banu Zengin Tak. It premiered on FOX in June 2020.
In March 2021 Can Yaman appeared in a cameo role as the bartender Gino in the highly successful Italian series Che Dio ci Aiuti 6 (God help us – season 6). Can Yaman sign a contract star as a lead in reebot of 80’s cult series Sandokan which is released in 2021. According to the source, he will receive over 1M Euro for the first season.
In 2021 Can Yaman becomes a testimonial for Turkish tourism in Italy. Can Yaman shot an advertisement campaign titled Vieni in Turchia con me which was shot for the Turkish consulate and embassy in order to talk about Turkish culture, history, traditions, food, and support revival of tourism to Turkey.
Apart from this, Can Yaman also featured and collaborate with so many popular brands. In 2020 Yaman become the face of Turkish clothing brand TUDORS with a contract spanning for 2 years worth 3 million TL.
Also, in July 2021 Can Yaman has launched his own brand of unisex perfume Can Yaman Mania, and his own brand. Can Yaman Mania was designed as a unisex perfume and is aimed to support his non-profit organization Can Yaman for Children.
Can Yaman Girlfriend / Relationship & Love Affairs:
According to the source Can Yaman is in love. He is deeply in love with Italian television presenter Diletta Leotta. Both of them have shared the picture on social media with heart emojis but both of them turned off the comments.
During 2016-17, he dated actress “Bestemsu Ozdemir” for about eight months, but in December 2017 the actress announced that they broke up. He was then linked with style consultant “Rabia Yaman”, who has been in a relationship with actor “Şükrü Özyıldız: in the past.
During the shooting of the Erkenci Kuş tv series, there were rumors of a love affair between Can Yaman and co-actor Demet Özdemir, but neither of them wanted to reveal much about it.
Can Yaman TV Series:
- Gönül İşleri as Bedir (2014) – Supporting role
- İnadına Aşk as Yalın Aras (2015) – Main role
- Hangimiz Sevmedik as Tarık Çam (2016) – Main role
- Dolunay as Ferit Aslan (2017) – Main role
- Erkenci Kuş as Can Divit (2018–2019) – Main role
- Bay Yanlış as Özgür Atasoy (2020) – Main role
- Che Dio ci aiuti as Gino (2021) Season 6, Guest role
Awards & Nomination:
- Best Romantic Comedy Actor at the Pantene Golden Butterfly Awards 2018.
- Best Foreign Actor Award at the Murex D’or 2019 in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Best TV Series Actor at the Turkey Youth Awards 2019.
- E! News’s 2019 TV’s Top Leading Man award.
Facts About Can Yaman:
- He studied in an Italian school and graduated first in class.
- Can studied law, according to his father’s desire and excelled in it as well.
- Yemen sometimes prefers to smoke and drink alcohol with friends.
- Yaman owns a law firm along with two of his friends, but he does not go there much because he’s preoccupied with acting.
- Can Yaman love bodybuilding, gymming, and fitness.
- He loves horses and horse riding.
- He loves pets, especially dogs.
- Can began his career in acting in the series Gönül İşleri “Matters of Love” and played the role “Badir.”
- He speaks 4 languages, Turkish, English, Italian, and German.
- His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
- He’s known for his strong and self-confident personality, extremely jealous, romantic, and rational.
- Yaman loves swimming.
- He loves traveling to new places.
- He is good at cooking and is actually known for his famous dish “stuffed grape leaves” which he prepares in his own way.
- He is very attached to his family, despite the separation of his parents since he was young.
- He has a passion for sports and plays basketball from a young age achieving many titles.
- Can Yaman has launched his own brand of unisex perfume Can Yaman Mania in July 2021.
Can Yaman Social Networks:
- Can Yaman Facebook
- Can Yaman Instagram
- Can Yaman Twitter