J-Hope (Jung Ho-seok) Biography [Who is J-Hope (Jung Ho-seok)?]
Jung Ho-seok (Korean: 정호석), better known as the stage name J-Hope, is a South Korean rapper, songwriter, dancer, and record producer. In 2013, J-Hope made his debut as a member of the South Korean boy band Bangtan Boys BTS (방탄소년단), managed under Big Hit Music.
J-Hope released his first solo mixtape, ‘Hope World’ worldwide on March 1, 2018. The album was met with a positive reception. His debut at number 63 (and subsequent peak at number 38) made him the highest-charting solo Korean artist on the Billboard 200 at the time of the mixtape’s release.
J-Hope has made appearances in different shows including ‘After School Club’, ‘American Hustle Life’, ‘Weekly Idol’, ‘Idol Star Athletics Championships’, ‘The Boss is Watching’, ‘National Idol Singing Contest’ and ‘God’s Workplace’. Coming to his awards and accolades, the South Korean artiste and his band were honored with the title ‘New Artist of the Year at the 2013 Golden Disk Awards, the 2013 MelOn Music Awards, the 2014 Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards, and the 2014 Seoul Music Awards.
|Stage Name||J-Hope (제이홉)|
|Full Name||Jung Ho Seok (정호석)|
|Revised Romanization||Jeong Ho-seok|
|Date of Birth||February 18, 1994 (age 28)|
|Birth Place||Buk District, Gwangju, South Korea|
|Height||177 cm (5’10”)|
|Weight||65 kg (143 lbs)|
|Education||Gwangju Global High School; Global Cyber University|
|Occupation||Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Record producer|
|Hobbies||Listening to music and window shopping|
|Genres||Hip hop, K-pop|
|Associated acts||BTS (방탄소년단)|
Early Life & Education:
Jung Ho-seok AKA J-Hope was born on February 18, 1994, in Gwangju, South Korea, where he lived with his parents and older sister. He was part of the underground dance team Neuron and took dance classes at Gwangju Music Academy for six years, from 4th grade to his 1st year in high school, before debuting with BTS.
J-Hope is very talented at dancing. He had been relatively well known for his skills in dance prior to his debut; he won various local prizes for dance, including placing first in a national dance competition in 2008. His skills in dance eventually led him to gain an interest in singing, helping him to audition as an idol trainee. As a trainee, J-Hope was featured as a rapper in Jo Kwon’s song “Animal”, which was released in 2012.
In March 2019, along with bandmates RM and Suga, he enrolled at Hanyang Cyber University for the Master of Business Administration program in Advertising and Media.
In 2013, J-hope made his debut with the single “No More Dream” which was released as a part of the Bangtan Boys’ debut album, ‘2 Cool 4 Skool.’ He was the third member to join the group as a trainee after RM and Suga. Also, J-Hope, together with fellow BTS member V, collaborated with Zara Larsson on a soundtrack called ‘A Brand New Day’ for a mobile game BTS World on June 14, 2019.
J-Hope released his first solo mixtape, Hope World, worldwide on March 1, 2018, which become the most popular all over the world. Three mixtape tracks, “Daydream”, “Hope World”, and “Hangsang”, are charted on the World Digital Songs Chart, at numbers 3, 16, and 24 respectively.
The success of his solo debut lead him to rank at number 3 on the ‘Emerging Artists Chart,’ and 97 on the ‘Artist 100 Chart’ for the week of March 10, later peaking at number 91 for the week of March 17. He is the fifth Korean artist, and the second Korean soloist after Psy, to place on the Artist 100.
In 2019, J-Hope released a free collaboration single, “Chicken Noodle Soup”, on September 27, featuring American singer, Becky G. J-Hope released a full, three-minute-long version of its closing track “Blue Side (Outro)” on March 1, 2021, for the three-year anniversary of his mixtape. And it was uploaded to the BTS Soundcloud page for free.
J-Hope was promoted to a full member of the Korea Music Copyright Association in January 2020. In 2018, he was awarded the fifth-class Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit by the President of South Korea along with the other members of the group. He had the most-liked tweet in the world for 2018 when he posted the “In My Feelings Challenge”
His stage name, “J-Hope (제이홉)”, comes from his desire to represent hope for fans, as well as to be “the hope of BTS”.
J-Hope has been a member of the “Green Noble Club”, which recognizes high-value donors of Child Fund Korea, since 2018. On February 18, 2019, he donated ₩100 million (approximately US$90,000) to the organization in support of those attending his high school alma mater in Gwangju.
He had previously donated ₩150 million (roughly US$135,000) in December 2018 but requested the donation be private at the time. In December 2019, he donated another ₩100 million. On November 17, 2020, he donated ₩100 million in support of children experiencing economic difficulties amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
J-Hope donated ₩150 million to support children with visual and hearing impairments on February 18, 2021. On May 4, 2021, for Children’s Day, J-Hope donated ₩100 million for children affected by violence in Tanzania, Africa.
Award and Nomination:
Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit (2018)
J-Hope (Jung Ho-seok) Albums & Songs:
J-Hope (Jung Ho-seok) Girlfriend / Relationship & Love Affairs:
J-Hope is currently single and loves his work. He had a painful past with his girlfriend who left him for someone else, as per reports. In an interview he says ‘(In the past) I had a girlfriend that I liked a lot, but she left me for another man.’ J-Hope’s ideal type is a girl who loves him, is good at cooking, and thinks a lot.
Facts About J-Hope (Jung Ho-seok):
- He was born in Gwangju, South Korea.
- He has an older sister known as, Mejiwoo.
- His father is a high school literature teacher (teaching at Gwangju Global High School).
- Was the rapper in 2AM‘s JoKwon‘s “Animal“.
- Chose the name “J-Hope” as his stage name because he wants to be a source of light and hope to his fans.
- He loves kimchi.
- His favorite season is Spring.
- His favorite color is green. (because it’s the color of hope – Billboard interview)
- His favorite number is 7.
- He auditioned and won a popularity award at a JYP Entertainment competition.
- He hates exercising/working out.
- J-Hope and B.A.P Youngjae auditioned together for their JYP audition.
- His role models are G-dragon of BIGBANG, A$AP Rocky, J.Cole, and Beenzino.
- He thinks red hair suits him the best. (Buzz Feed Interview 2018),
- J-Hope has co-composed/co-produced 110+ songs.
- On March 2, 2018, J-Hope released his 1st mixtape “Hope World”, with the title track “Daydream”.
- J-Hope is ranked 88th on TC Candler “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018”.
- J-Hope’s ideal type is a girl who loves him, is good at cooking, and thinks a lot.
- In 2016, he purchased a luxury apartment in South Korea worth US$1.6 million for his personal use.
- He had the most-liked tweet in the world for 2018 when he posted the “In My Feelings Challenge”.
J-Hope Social Networks:
- BTS (방탄소년단) Biography, Members, Songs, Albums, Facts, Awards, Photos, Videos
- Jungkook (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Education, Net Worth, Photos, Videos
- V (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Net Worth, Photos, Videos
- Jimin (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Net Worth, Photos, Videos
- Suga (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Birthday, Net Worth, Photos, Videos
- Jin (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Education, Photos, Videos
- RM (BTS Rapper) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Birthday, Net Worth
- Interesting Facts That You Must Know About RM (Kim Namjoon) BTS
- Interesting Facts That You Must Know About Jeon Jungkook (BTS)
- RM (BTS) Photos, Videos Galley, Photoshoots, Wallpapers HD [Latest Unseen] Free Download