Jimin (Park Jimin) Biography [Who is Jimin (Park Ji-min)?]
Park Ji-min (Korean: 박지민), better known as Jimin, is a South Korean singer, songwriter, and dancer. In 2013, he debuted as a member of the South Korean boy band BTS (방탄소년단), under the record label Big Hit Entertainment.
Jimin’s vocals have been described as delicate and sweet. He is regarded as an exceptional dancer among the members of the group and in K-pop in general. In 2016, Jimin was ranked as the 14th most popular idol in an annual survey conducted by Gallup Korea. He ranked 7th in 2017, before ranking 1st consecutively in 2018 and 2019.
Jimin is the only idol to top the survey for two consecutive years. In 2018, Jimin was the ninth most-tweeted-about celebrity and the eighth most-tweeted-about musician in the world. As of 2021, Jimin has topped the brand reputation rankings for individual boy group idols for 27 consecutive months.
|Stage Name||Jimin (지민)|
|Full Name||Park Ji Min (박지민)|
|Revised Romanization||Bak Ji-min|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1995 (age 25)|
|Birth Place||Geumjeong District, Busan, South Korea|
|Height||174 cm (5’8.5″)|
|Weight||58.6 kg (129 lbs)|
|Education||Busan High School of Arts; Global Cyber University – Theatre and film major (bachelor)|
|Occupation||Singer, Songwriter, Dancer|
|Associated acts||BTS (방탄소년단)|
Early Life & Education:
Park Ji-min was born on October 13, 1995, in Geumjeong District, Busan, South Korea. His immediate family consists of his mother, father, and younger brother. Also, he is very close to his brother.
He attended Busan’s Hodong Elementary School and Yonsan Middle School. He was very interested in dance since childhood, and during middle school, he attended Just Dance Academy. Prior to becoming a trainee, Jimin studied contemporary dance at Busan High School of Arts and was a top student in the modern dance department.
Jimin was very good at dancing so his teacher suggested that he be auditioned in an entertainment company, which led him to Big Hit Entertainment. And he passed the auditions in 2012, and he transferred to Korean Arts High School, graduating in 2014.
Jimin graduated from Global Cyber University in August 2020, with a major in Broadcasting and Entertainment. As of 2021, he is enrolled at Hanyang Cyber University, pursuing a Master of Business Administration in Advertising and Media.
On June 13, 2013, Jimin made his debut as a member of BTS with the release of the single “No More Dream”. In the group, Jimin holds the position of vocalist and dancer. Under BTS, he has released three solo songs: “Lie”, “Serendipity”, and “Filter”.
“Serendipity” and “Lie” both surpassed fifty million streams on Spotify in 2018. Followed shortly thereafter by the former’s full length version from BTS’ Love Yourself: Answer (2018) compilation album, which achieved the milestone in early 2019. With this, Jimin set a new record as the only Korean artist to have three solo tracks accumulate over 50 million streams each.
In May 2019, Jimin became the first BTS member to have a solo music video achieve 100 million views on YouTube with “Serendipity”. It was the nineteenth BTS music video overall to achieve the milestone.
He was the only BTS member with multiple solo songs in the January 2020 update of the Official Chart’s top 40 list. As of March 2021, “Filter” has spent 53 weeks on Billboard’s World Digital Song Sales chart—it is BTS’ 15th song to spend a full year on the ranking.
Jimin was awarded the fifth-class Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit by the President of South Korea in 2018, along with other members of BTS for their contributions to the promotion of Korean culture. He has cited singer Rain as one of his inspirations and reasons why he wanted to become both a singer and performer.
Jimin also covers so many other songs, in 2014, Jimin and Jungkook cover “Christmas Day”, a Korean rendition of Justin Bieber’s “Mistletoe” while the Korean lyrics were written by Jimin himself. Again in 2017, The two collaborated with an American singer Charlie Puth’s “We Don’t Talk Anymore”. A reputed magazine company like Teen Vogue, Flare magazine, and Elite Daily openly praised his work and voice.
Apart from this, Jimin appeared on several variety shows such as Hello Counselor, Please Take Care of My Refrigerator, and God’s Workplace in 2016. He also served as a special MC on domestic music programs such as Show! Music Core and M Countdown. In December, he participated in a dance duet at the KBS Song Festival with Taemin from Shinee.
On December 30, 2018, Jimin released his first solo song outside of BTS releases, “Promise”, for free on BTS’ SoundCloud page. On January 3, 2019, the platform announced that “Promise” had surpassed the record set by Drake’s “Duppy Freestyle” for the biggest 24-hour debut ever.
- From 2016 to 2018, Jimin supported graduates of Busan Hodong Elementary School, his alma mater, by covering uniform expenses. After news of the school’s closing was released, he donated summer and winter middle school uniforms to the final graduates and gifted autographed albums to the entire student body.
- In early 2019, Jimin donated 100 million Korean won (roughly 88,000 US dollars) to the Busan Department of Education to help support lower-income students.
- Of the total, ₩30 million (roughly US$23,000) went to Busan Arts High School, Jimin’s alma mater.
- In July 2020, Jimin donated another 100 million Korean won, this time to the Jeonnam Future Education Foundation, for the creation of a scholarship fund for talented but financially struggling students from South Jeolla Province.
Award and Nomination:
- Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit (2018)
Jimin (Park Jimin) Albums & Songs:
Jimin (Park Jimin) Girlfriend / Relationship & Love Affairs:
As with all the BTS members, Jimin is currently single, but rumors around his relationship status have filled social media over the years too. The biggest dating rumor was that Jimin was dating fellow K-pop star Han Seung-yeon from the group KARA. But it’s only a rumor.
Facts About Jimin (Park Jimin):
- He was born in Busan, South Korea.
- He has a younger brother, Park Jihyun.
- Jimin was the last member to join BTS.
- Hobbies: Relaxing whenever he gets a chance.
- His favorite number is number 3
- His favorite colors are blue and black.
- His favorite foods are pork, duck, chicken, fruit, and kimchi jjigae.
- Jimin prefers a sunny and cool weather.
- Is known for his impressive abs.
- He jokingly hits his fellow members as a way of showing his affection for them
- If music is playing he will start to dance no matter where he is.
- His role model is TaeYang of BIGBANG.
- Jimin was ranked 19th on TC Candler “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2019”.
- Jimin’s ideal type is a nice and cute girl who is smaller than him.
Jimin Social Networks:
- BTS (방탄소년단) Biography, Members, Songs, Albums, Facts, Awards, Photos, Videos
- Jungkook (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Education, Net Worth, Photos, Videos
- V (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Net Worth, Photos, Videos
- J-Hope (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Net Worth, Photos, Videos
- Suga (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Birthday, Net Worth, Photos, Videos
- Jin (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Education, Photos, Videos
- RM (BTS Rapper) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Birthday, Net Worth
- Interesting Facts That You Must Know About RM (Kim Namjoon) BTS
- Interesting Facts That You Must Know About Jeon Jungkook (BTS)
- RM (BTS) Photos, Videos Galley, Photoshoots, Wallpapers HD [Latest Unseen] Free Download