V (Kim Taehyung) Biography [Who is V (Kim Taehyung)?]
Kim Tae-hyung (Korean: 김태형) better known by his stage name V (뷔), is a South Korean singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor. He is particularly famous for being one of the main members of the popular K-pop group Bangtan Boys (BTS). V or Tae, as he is commonly called, enjoys a huge fan base within South Korea and also internationally.
V possesses a baritone singing voice that has received a generally positive critical reception, with particular praise for his vocal range and “husky” tone. As a solo artist, he has released three self-produced songs: “Scenery”, “Winter Bear” and “Sweet Night”. He made his acting debut in 2016 with the drama Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth.
As a performer, V’s style is known for its “duality”, or his ability to evoke various emotions on stage. V’s musicality is heavily influenced by his love for jazz and classical music. Eric Benet and Ruben Studdard are among his inspirations.
|Stage Name||V (뷔)|
|Full Name||Kim Tae-hyung|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Tae-hyeong|
|Date of Birth||December 30, 1995 (age 27)|
|Birth Place||Seo District, Daegu, South Korea|
|Height||178.8 cm (5’10.4″)|
|Weight||63 kg (139 lbs)|
|Occupation||Singer, Songwriter, Actor|
|Genres||R&B, neo soul, indie pop, K-pop|
Early Life & Education:
V (Kim Tae-hyung) was born on December 30, 1995, in the Seo District of Daegu, South Korea, and grew up in Geochang County. He is the eldest of three children, with a younger sister Kim Eon Jin and a younger brother Kim Jeong Gyu. His parents are traditionally farmers, and he is from a not-so-privileged background.
He is very close to his family and always states that his dad is his biggest role model. V first aspired to be a professional singer in elementary school. With his father’s support, he began taking saxophone lessons in early middle school as a means of pursuing a career.
After graduating from Korean Arts High School in 2014, V enrolled in Global Cyber University and he graduated in August 2020 with a major in Broadcasting and Entertainment. As of 2021, he is enrolled at Hanyang Cyber University, pursuing a Master of Business Administration in Advertising and Media.
V (Kim Taehyung) made his debut as a member of BTS with the track “No More Dream” from their debut single album, 2 Cool 4 Skool on June 13, 2013. V eventually became a trainee for Big Hit Entertainment after passing an audition in Daegu. He went on to join Bangtan Boys in 2011 but wasn’t revealed to be an official member of the band until 2013.
He was first credited for music composition in The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1 when he co-wrote and co-produced the song “Hold Me Tight”. He also contributed to writing lyrics for the song “Fun Boyz”, co-composed by bandmate Suga.
In 2016, V made his acting debut with a supporting role in KBS2’s historical drama Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth under his real name. Also, V’s melody was used with Jungkook’s original lyrics for the song “Run”, as well as he contributed to music composition and lyrics for a solo song called “Stigma” from the album Wings.
In May 2018, his second solo song, “Singularity” was released. A month after its release, The Guardian added “Singularity” to its “Top 50 songs for the month of June 2018” playlist and Billboard included it in their Critics’ list of the “Top 50 BTS songs” at number 28.
On October 24, 2018, V became one of the youngest recipients of the prestigious fifth-class Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit medal, awarded to him by the President of South Korea along with the other members of BTS for their role in the spread of culture.
V and bandmate J-Hope collaborated with Swedish singer Zara Larsson on a song called “A Brand New Day” for the soundtrack album of their mobile game BTS World. It was released on June 14, 2019, and debuted at number 1 on World Digital Song Sales Chart
V released his first full solo track outside of BTS, “Scenery”, on January 30, 2019, through the group’s SoundCloud page. It broke SoundCloud records for reaching 100 million streams from 20 million in over fourteen days, the shortest time for the platform. Over the course of the two weeks following its release, “Scenery” broke the daily streaming record nine times.
Seven months later, he released his second solo song and his first full English song entitled “Winter Bear” through SoundCloud. On March 13, 2020, V participated in a song titled “Sweet Night” for the soundtrack of the JTBC drama Itaewon Class which was produced, written, and sung by V. The song debuted at number 2 on Billboard’s U.S. Digital Song Sales chart, the highest debut for a Korean soloist in the chart’s history.
Award and Nomination:
- Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit (2018)
- Soompi Awards – Best Idol Actor (2018)
- Soompi Awards – Best Choreography (2019)
- APAN Star Awards- Best OST (2020)
- Melon Music Awards – Best OST (2017)
V (Kim Taehyung) Albums & Songs:
V (Kim Taehyung) Girlfriend / Relationship & Love Affairs:
As with all the BTS members, V is currently single, but rumors around his relationship status have filled social media over the years too. The biggest dating rumor was that BTS member V & Korean actress Kim Yoo-Jung but ultimately, there was no evidence to support that the two Korean celebrities were involved.
Facts About V (Kim Taehyung):
- His nicknames are: TaeTae, Blank Tae, CGV.
- He is 25 years old in the US age and 27 years old in the Korean age.
- His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
- His favorite number is 10.
- He loves bright weather.
- His favorite season is Fall.
- His favorite colors are black, white, green, and grey.
- His favorite foods are: any type of meat and Japchae.
- Before he received his stage name, he had the choice of picking either Six, Lex, or V, and he chose V because it stands for victory.
- He used to play the saxophone since his dad said that a singer should play at least one instrument.
- His favorite subject in school is Music.
- He and Jimin used to be classmates in high school.
- V’s role model is his dad who takes care of V and his siblings and listens to everything they say.
- If he wasn’t a performer he would be a saxophonist or a farmer.
- He has a pet dog named SoonShim.
- He loves Panda Express.
- He ranked 1st place in “The Most Handsome Faces of 2017”.
- He got an adorable puppy named Yeontan/큰탄 in early 2018.
- He is very sociable and he has a lot of friends who are also idols. Some examples are: Baekhyun (EXO), Park Bo Gum (who supported him before he became successful), and more.
- People used to say he has 4D, called him ‘alien’, but Taehyung doesn’t like it.
- He used to post pictures with his signature name Vante, a combination of V his stage name, and Ante from his favorite photographer Ante Badzim.
- His voice is most distinguishable from other members for its deep, husky vocal range.
- He almost debuted as a rapper in BTS rather than a vocalist.
- He can speak fluent Korean and Japanese, as well as basic English.
- When V’s teaser image was released, 5 fan clubs were created.
- He has his driver’s license.
- He is the pickiest eater out of all of the members.
- He is known for his love of classical and jazz music.
- When he has concerns, he shares them with Jimin and Jin.
- His favorite clothing brand is Gucci.
- He has been named the most fashionable in the group.
- He has an interest in the visual arts, including photography and painting.
- His motto includes: “Live life coolly as much as you can,” and “Since life happens only once, waking up at ease in the morning and working to your best ability is the best thing you can do.”
- He likes amusement parks.
- He is ambidextrous.
- His family has been hit with poverty before.
- His three requirements for happiness are family, health, and honor.
- He says that his ideal date includes going to an amusement park or a nearby nature park.
- His favorite type of skinship is holding hands.
- He has a bad habit of biting his nails.
- He likes to search for obscure good songs in his free time.
- He likes to watch anime.
- He loves playing the saxophone.
- He describes himself as a monkey.
- If he had a superpower, it would be to talk to cars.
- He hates wearing shoes.
- He stated that he wants to marry his first love. His ideal type is someone who takes care of him and does a lot of aegyo. He wants someone who is charming and wears chic clothing and wide pants.
- He is afraid of heights.
- His Spotify playlist is titled: V’s Join Me.
- He likes the painting ‘Starry Night’ by Van Gogh. He has a picture of it hanging in his dorm room as well as a phone case of it.
- He mentioned when he was younger, he went to the zoo and got spit on by a chimpanzee.
- His BT21 character is a red anthropomorphic heart named Tata. They wear a blue onesie with yellow polka-dots.
- He loves dogs a lot.
- His favorite singer is John Legend.
- His favorite hair color is red.
- He became part of the dance lineup when they started preparing for their Love Yourself: Tear comeback.
- He came up with the infamous saying “보라해” (Borahae, I purple you). This phrase, as well as the color purple itself, has great significance and has become a trademark for BTS/ARMY. Purple is seen as a color that indicates long-lasting trust, love, and affection. This phrase is BTS’ way of showing their love and trust for ARMY.
- In 2017, he was in a television series called Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth.
- He is close friends with Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Sik as they all three starred in a South Korean television series.
- He ranked 1st place in 100 Most Handsome Men of 2018.
- His favorite items are: his computer, big dolls, clothes, shoes, accessories, and anything unique.
- He has one single eyelid and one double eyelid.
- He clenches his teeth while he sleeps.
- He can only drink one glass of beer before he gets drunk.
- He doesn’t like coffee but loves hot cocoa.
- He can dance in high heels.
- He has a habit of collecting ties.
- According to the Yahoo Taiwan poll, V is the most popular BTS member in Taiwan.
- He can climb a tree but he can’t get back down.
- Has a total of 5 ear piercings. (2 on the right, and 3 on the left)
- He has been officially recognized by the KMCA (Korean Music Copyright Association) as a songwriter/producer; as he wrote and composed his song “Scenery” himself.
- He is the member with the most pets, having 5 in total. (4 dogs and 1 cat)
- He revealed in a Weverse reply that he has a chronic medical condition called cholinergic urticaria, whereby the afflicted person gets too warm, their skin breaks out in hives.
- Various artists have cited him as an influence and role model, such as The Boyz’s Younghoon and Hwall, Golden Child’s Jaehyun and Jangjun, MVP’s Been, Rainz’s Byun Hyun-min, Cravity’s Serim, Ateez’s Yeosang and Mingi, D-Crunch’s Jungseung and Dylan, Lucente’s Bao, Newkidd’s Yunmin, Boy Story’s Hanyu, TXT’s Beomgyu, Produce X 101 contestants Koo Jungmo, Lee Taeseung, and Mahiro Hidaka, and former Wanna One member Park Ji-hoon.
V Social Networks:
- BTS (방탄소년단) Biography, Members, Songs, Albums, Facts, Awards, Photos, Videos
- Jungkook (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Education, Net Worth, Photos, Videos
- Jimin (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Net Worth, Photos, Videos
- J-Hope (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Net Worth, Photos, Videos
- Suga (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Birthday, Net Worth, Photos, Videos
- Jin (BTS) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Education, Photos, Videos
- RM (BTS Rapper) Biography, Facts, Age, Height, Songs, Girlfriend, Family, Birthday, Net Worth
- Interesting Facts That You Must Know About RM (Kim Namjoon) BTS
- Interesting Facts That You Must Know About Jeon Jungkook (BTS)
- RM (BTS) Photos, Videos Galley, Photoshoots, Wallpapers HD [Latest Unseen] Free Download