Confession Movie (2022):
Confession (Korean: 자백; RR: Jabaek) is a South Korean mystery thriller film written and directed by Yoon Jong-seok and produced by Won Dong-yeon & Kim Ji-hong. Based on Oriol Paulo’s 2016 Spanish film The Invisible Guest.
It stars So Ji-sub, Kim Yunjin, Nana and Hwang Sun-hee. The film had its premiere at 36th Fribourg International Film Festival on March 20, 2022, and its Italian premium at 24th Udine Far East Film Festival on April 30, 2022 as closing film of the festival. It will be released theatrically in South Korea on October 26, 2022.
Confession Movie Information:
|Release Date||March 20, 2022 (FIFF)|
October 26, 2022 (South Korea)
|Running Time||1hr 45min|
|Based on||The Invisible Guest by Oriol Paulo|
|Directed by||Yoon Jong-seok|
|Written by||Yoon Jong-seok|
|Produced by||Won Dong-yeon|
|Cinematography by||Kim Seong-jin|
|Edited by||Heo Seon-mi|
Music by Mowg
|Production Company||Realize Pictures|
|Distributed by||Lotte Entertainment|
|Box Office Collection||N/A|
Confession Movie Trailer:
Confession Movie Storyline (Plot/Synopsis):
Min-ho’s mistress is found dead in a hotel, whose only residents are the couple. He becomes the prime suspect, but insists he is innocent and hires a crack defence attorney. Min-ho is convinced that a car accident is linked to the murder. (Fribourg International Film Festival).
Confession Movie Cast and Characters:
- So Ji-sub as Yoo Min-ho
- Kim Yunjin as Yang Shin-ae
- Nana as Kim Se-hee
- Hwang Sun-hee
- Choi Kwang-il as Han Young-seok
Interesting Facts About Confession Movie (Did You Know):
- Principal photography began on December 16, 2019 and the film was wrapped up on February 29, 2020.
- Confession had its premiere at 36th Fribourg International Film Festival on March 20, 2022.
- In April 2022, it was invited to 42nd Fantasporto – Oporto International Film Festival in competition section, where it won Best Director Award.
- It was also selected as the closing film at the 24th Udine Far East Film Festival held from April 24 to April 30, 2022.
- In July 2022, it was invited at the 21st New York Asian Film Festival, where it was screened at Lila Acheson Wallace Auditorium, Asia Society on July 23 for its North American premiere.
- It was also invited to the 26th Fantasia International Film Festival and screened for its Canadian premiere on July 31, 2022.
- The film was invited at the 40th Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival and was screened for Belgian premiere on September 1, 2022.