Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Movie (2019):
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy is a Telugu historical action film directed by Surender Reddy and produced by Ram Charan under the Konidela Production Company banner. Surender Reddy scripted the film based on an original story given by Paruchuri brothers. A work of fiction, the film is inspired by the life of Indian independence activist Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy from the Rayalaseema region of Andhra Pradesh.
The film stars Chiranjeevi as the title character with Nayanthara, Tamannaah, Sudeep, Jagapathi Babu, and Vijay Sethupathi (in his Telugu film debut) in supporting roles. Amitabh Bachchan and Anushka Shetty make guest appearances. Pawan Kalyan, Kamal Haasan, and Mohanlal gave narration in the film. The film tells the story of Narasimha Reddy in his fight against the rule of the British East India Company.
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy was released theatrically worldwide on 2 October 2019, with simultaneous dubbed versions released in Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, and Tamil. The film received mostly positive reviews from critics, and the original Telugu version was successful in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. But the dubbed versions in other languages were not commercially successful. It grossed ₹240.6 crore (US$34.2 million) against a budget of ₹200–300 crore (US$28.4–42.6 million).
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Movie Information:
|Movie Name||Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy|
|Release Date||2 October 2019|
|Running Time||2hr 50min|
|Directed by||Surender Reddy|
|Written by||Screenplay by Surender Reddy|
Story by Paruchuri brothers
|Produced by||Ram Charan|
|Cinematography by||R. Rathnavelu|
|Edited by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
|Music by||Score: Julius Packiam|
Songs: Amit Trivedi
|Production Company||Konidela Production Company|
|Distributed by||Excel Entertainment and AA Films (Hindi)|
Super Good Films (Tamil)
Gemini Studios (Malayalam)
|Budget||₹200–300 crore ($28.4–42.6 million)|
|Box Office Collection||est. ₹240.6 crore ($34.2 million)|
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Movie Trailer:
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Movie Storyline (Plot/Synopsis):
A chieftain of 66 villages in early colonial rule, Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy, revolts against the atrocities of East India Company. He raids and defeats British Army camps and becomes a threat to the colonial rule. After failing to capture him, the British Army puts a bounty of Rs 10,000 on his head. As his attacks continues for a long period, Britishers plants moles at strategic positions. Unable to capture him, Britishers captures his family. He rescues his family, pointing a knife at the officer. The British Army finally captures him with the help of an informant and treats him like a criminal.
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Movie Cast and Characters:
- Chiranjeevi as Narasimha Reddy, the leader of India’s resistance and a supremely skilled warrior.
- Rudra Soni as young Narasimha
- Nayanthara as Siddhamma, Narasimha Reddy’s wife, married to him as a child.
- Tamannaah as Lakshmi, Narasimha Reddy’s estranged lover, and orphaned dancer who dedicates her art to God.
- Sudeep as Avuku Raju, a chief who is envious of Reddy’s popularity but still admires his courage.
- Jagapathi Babu as Veera Reddy, Narasimha Reddy’s brother whose son betrays the resistance. Believing Narasimha Reddy executed him while displaying partiality to his traitorous brother, he drugs Reddy, leading to his capture.
- Vijay Sethupathi as Raja Pandi, a Tamil warrior who joins the resistance
- Ravi Kishan as Basi Reddy, Reddy’s half brother, who betrays the resistance for money.
- Brahmaji as Vadde Obanna, Reddy’s deputy.
- Mukesh Rishi as Papa Khan, an Islamic chief and member of the resistance.
- Alexx O’Nell as Watson
- Lakshmi Gopalaswamy as Seethamma, Narasimha Reddy’s mother
- Henry Maynard as Cochrane, the Governor of Madras Presidency and main antagonist. He commanded the attacks against the rebellion.
- Oscar Skagerberg as Jackson, the general who challenges Reddy by killing Renadu’s villagers.
- Matthew Stirling as Daniel, the leader of the battalion that Cochrane sends against Reddy.
- James Graeme as Lord Macaulay
- Mark Kitto as Inglis, Court Judge
- Raghu Babu as Raghavachari, the tax officer appointed by Cochrane and Jackson.
- Prudhvi Raj as Madhavayyar, a worker of Cochrane.
- Tanikella Bharani as Swamiji Govindayya Sharma
- Sai Chand as Subbaya, a kind elderly farmer who is threatened by Jackson.
- Nassar as Narasimha Reddy’s grandfather (cameo appearance)
- Amitabh Bachchan as Guru Gosayi Venkanna (cameo appearance), Reddy’s teacher in combat and philosophy.
- Anushka Shetty as Rani Lakshmi Bai (cameo appearance), the queen of Jhansi city who leads the Sepoy Mutiny
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Movie Soundtrack:
Amit Trivedi was compose music for the film, thus making his debut in the Telugu film industry. Julius Packiam provided the background score for the film. Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry, Anantha Sriram, Chandrabose, Swanand Kirkire, Madhan Karky, Azad Varadaraj, and Siju Thuravoor wrote the lyrics for the soundtrack in Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, and Malayalam respectively.
Lahari Music acquired the music rights for Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Kannada languages, whereas Hindi music rights were sold to T-Series.